Our Top 5 Picks for Productivity Apps
With over 2.2 million apps in the Apple App store, it can be hard to know which ones are useful. Our IT staff has compiled a list of their top 5 picks for productivity apps below.
This app is a must for users of Office 365. Get to and share your documents, photos, and other files from your iOS device, computer (PC or Mac), and any other devices you use. Use the Office mobile apps to stay productive and work together, no matter where you are. The OneDrive app for iOS lets you easily work with your personal and work files when you’re on the go.
- Quickly open and save OneDrive files in Office apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- Easily find photos thanks to automatic tagging.
- Get notifications when a shared document is edited.
- Share albums of your favorite photos and videos.
- Highlight, annotate, and sign PDF files in your OneDrive.
- Access your most important files offline.
Wunderlist is a simple to-do list and task manager app that helps you get stuff done. Whether you’re sharing a grocery list with a loved one, working on a project, or planning a vacation, Wunderlist makes it easy to capture, share and complete your to-dos. Wunderlist instantly syncs between your phone, tablet and computer, so you can access your to-dos from anywhere.
Key Wunderlist Features:
- Add, organize and schedule your to-dos from your phone, tablet or computer
- Set due dates and reminders to ensure you never forget important deadlines (or birthday gifts) again
- Use subtasks, notes, files and comments to add important details to your to-dos
- Create lists to help sort your to-dos for home, work and everything in between
- Share lists and collaborate on your to-dos with family, friends and colleagues
- Be productive from anywhere, thanks to Wunderlist’s apps for your phone, smart watch, tablet and computer
- Swipe down from any app to get a glance of your due to-dos with our Today widget
- Quickly capture to-dos, and peek & pop tasks with 3D Touch on your iPhone 6S
- Save web pages and articles for later with the Add to Wunderlist sharing extension
Wunderlist is free to download and use. Wunderlist Pro upgrades your experience and gives you unlimited access to Files, Assigning and Subtasks to help you accomplish even more for $4.99 a month through an auto-renewing subscription.
Skype for Business extends the power of Skype to your favorite mobile device: voice & video over wireless, rich presence, instant messaging, conferencing, and calling features from a single, easy-to-use interface.
- Initiate a group IM or video conversation and invite additional participants
- Join, rejoin and initiate a Skype for Business Meeting to communicate and collaborate on amazing ideas
- Simultaneously view shared content and speaker’s video during a conference
- Control the meeting (mute or remove attendees) and know more about participants’ modalities
- Look at your upcoming meetings and join via one click
- Find your recent conversations and pick them up from where you left off
- Search your contacts by name, email, or phone number
- Enhanced security via Active Directory Authentication Library
Anyone can use the Skype for Business for iOS app when invited to a Skype for Business. However, you must have a Skype for Business or Lync account in order to use (and enjoy) the full capability of the Skype for Business app.
Adobe Acrobat Reader is the free, trusted leader for reliably viewing, annotating, and signing PDFs. Our favorite part about this app is the SCAN feature using your phone. Simply snap a photo and convert it into a PDF on the spot!
- Use your device camera to snap a photo of anything—a document, whiteboard, form, picture, or note—and save it as a PDF.
- Scan multiple document pages into a single PDF and reorder them as desired.
- Easily save and share scanned PDFs.
- Enhance your camera images with improved boundary detection, perspective correction, and text sharpness.
Running your business on email, texts, and meetings? It’s time to switch to Basecamp 3 instead. Trusted by hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide, Basecamp is the saner, organized way to manage projects and communicate within your company.
Inside every Basecamp project you’ll find six core tools that will transform your business for the better:
To-dos for tracking work.
- A Message Board for posting announcements and updates.
- A Campfire chat room for quick casual chats with the team.
- A Schedule for posting deadlines and milestones,
- Docs & Files for organizing all the assets and notes everyone needs to do their work.
- Automatic Check-ins to get insights from the team on a regular basis.
Basecamp is similar to Slack, which we wrote about recently.
There are some really great tools online that help us be more productive, no matter where we happen to be. Do you have some favorites that are not listed here? Share them with us!